PVClinical aims to develop an advanced computational platform to facilitate and automate the implementation of PV procedures, with particular emphasis on exploring potential ADR signals and focusing on integrating such processes into the clinical environment. Nevertheless, the PVClinical platform is not limited to the clinical environment, as it can be exploited by Contract Research Organizations (CRO) and the pharma industry studying drug safety issues, as well as drug monitoring organizations and regulatory authorities such as the Greek National Medicines Agency (EOF), or the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
Taking into account the relatively low number of Individual Case Safety Reports collected in Spontaneous Reporting Systems (SRSs) and, hence, lack of sufficient data to assess potential ADR signals, the PVClinical platform will gather data from multiple data sources, both conventional (such as SRSs and bibliographic databases) and emerging (e.g. Electronic Health Records, Social Media) in the domain of PV. In particular, a key element of the proposed approach is the integration of large-scale heterogeneous information sources applying the “big data” paradigm, which have so far been used fragmentarily or not used at all, to develop a unified data model to support PV procedures with advanced IT tools.
- WP1: User Requirements Analysis, Specifications and System Architecture
- WP2: Design and Development of Data Collection Infrastructure
- WP3: Design and Development of Data Analysis Methods
- WP4: Implementation of the Web Platform
- WP5: Evaluation and Pilot Applications
- WP6: Feasibility Study on Commercial Applicability
- WP7: SME participation in Exhibitions
Start – End Date
The teams implementing the project consist of experienced and highly trained scientific and technical personnel in the fields of medicine, pharmacy, pharmacovigilance and eHealth technologies.
Institute of Applied Biosciences, Centre for Research and Technology Hellas
(ΙΝΑΒ | CERTH)
Pantelis NatsiavasTechnical Coordinator, Software Engineer INAB|CERTH
Vlasios DimitriadisSoftware Engineer INAB|CERTH
George GavriilidisPharmacologist, Research Associate INAB|CERTH
Vaggelis GakisSoftware Engineer INAB|CERTH
Ioanna KoukliManaging Director Pharmassist Ltd
Georgia KolangiPharmacovigilance Manager
Dafni KariotiSenior Drug Safety Officer Pharmassist Ltd
Zacharoula LinardakiDrug Safety Officer Pharmassist Ltd
Konstantinos StavrinosMedical Affairs Manager Pharmassist Ltd,
Sotiris KrontirisIT Manager Pharmassist Ltd,
Engineer of Applied Computing and Multimedia
PAPAGEORGIOU GENERAL HOSPITAL
Stella DoumaDirector of the 3rd Clinical Pathology Clinic PGH,
Pathology Professor AUTH
Maria K. BigakiProject Manager PGH
Eugenia Gkaliagkousi3rd Clinical Pathology Clinic PGH,
Pathology Assistant Professor AUTH
Antonios LazaridisClinical Pathology Resident PGH
EUROPEAN INTERBALKAN MEDICAL CENTRE
Chrysanthos ZampoulisDirector of the Clinical Pathology Clinic
of European Interbalkan Medical Centre,
Pathology Professor AUTH
Konstantinos KargiotisInternist European Interbalkan Medical Centre
- Scientific Publications
- “Computational Advances in Drug Safety: Systematic and Mapping Review of Knowledge Engineering based Approaches”, Frontiers in Pharmacology, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2019.00415 ,
- “Α Knowledge-based Platform for Assessing Potential Adverse Drug Reactions at the Point of Care: User Requirements and Main Information Processing Workflow Design”, Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, IOS Press, Vol. 264, pp. 1007-1011, https://doi.org/10.3233/SHTI190376. ,
- “Leveraging Semantic Technologies to Bring Active Pharmacovigilance at the Point of Care”, 11th Int. Conf. on Semantic Web Applications and Tools for Health Care and Life Sciences (SWAT4HCLS), Antwerp, Belgium, December 3-6, 2018, https://figshare.com/articles/Leveraging_Semantic_Technologies_to_Bring_Active_Pharmacovigilance_at_the_Point_of_Care/7325003 ,
Project Identity Logo
Project's Official Poster
A PVClinical Overview
Article in "Life Duty" magazine published by partner PGH (Issue 45, Page 9, in Greek)
Article title: "A Drug Safety Web Platform "
Presentation of PVClinical, by Mr. Pantelis Natsiavas, in the Hellenic Society of Pharmaceutical Medicine (EL.E.F.I.) annual scientific event titled: «New technology and challenges in Pharmacovigilance for 2020».
Presentation of PVClinical user requirements and design aspects at MedInfo2019, on August 29, 2019, Lyon, France (https://doi.org/10.3233/SHTI190376).
Presentation of PVClinical by Mr. Pantelis Natsiavas in the 4th Hellenic Society of Pharmaceutical Medicine (EL.E.F.I.) Congress.
Lecture on computational advances in drug safety / pharmacovigilance enabled by Knowledge Engineering by Mr. Pantelis Natsiavas, at LIMICS, Paris, France.
New job position at INAB|CERTH for the PVClinical project.
Scientific study funded by PVClinical accepted for publication in Frontiers in Pharmacology (https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2019.00415).
Scientific paper on the design of the PVClinical platform accepted for presentation at MedInfo 2019, August 26-30, 2019, Lyon, France.
INAB|CERTH researchers visit PHARMA (3rd December, 2018), EIMC (20th January, 2019) and GHP (31st January, 2019) regarding Deliverable 1.1 (Requirements Analysis).
PVClinical kick-off meeting held in INAB|CERTH premises, Thermi, Thessaloniki, on November 7, 2018, with the presence of all project partners.
PVClinical Coordinator & Principal Investigator,
Pantelis Natsiavas, PVClinical Technical Coordinator,
Institute of Applied Biosciences (INAB),
Centre for Research & Technology Hellas (CERTH)